Webforms are used to gather information from people visiting your site. Some common uses of webforms are to allow users to request information, submit applications, or report an issue.
Creating the webform
- In the admin toolbar, hover your cursor over Content.
- Pull your cursor down, and place it over Add content.
- Click on Webform.
- Type the name of the webform in the Title box.
- In the Body box you can provide a brief description of the webform and any related instructions.
- If you would like for it to appear as a menu link, click provide a menu link and select the appropriate parent item. An alternative would be to link to it (using the Linkit tool) within the text of another page after you create it.
- Click Save.
- In the “New component name” text box, enter the name of label that will appear on your form (i.e.. name, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Select the component type from the drop down menu.
These will be the most commonly used types:
- Date: Displays a drop down of hours, minutes, and years (can be configured to your preferences)
- E-mail: requires a valid email format
- Select options: allows users to select from a list of options (either radial buttons or drop down list) that you configure. When listing the options for users to choose from, you will have to use key-value pairs listed on separate lines. For example:
- Text area: provides a one line text box
- Text field: provides a larger text box
- If you would like to make the field mandatory, check the appropriate box.
- Click Add.
- Configure the field to your preferences.
- Click Save component.
- Once your fields have all been inputted, you can reorder them using the compass arrows to the left of the field label.
Configuring your preferences
- Click the E-mails button at the top right of the window.
- Type in the email address you would like the form to be sent to after a user submits it.
- Click on Form settings at the top right of the window.
- Configure the submissions settings to your liking.
- Click Save configuration.
- If you did not provide a menu link, you can now use the Linkit tool to link to it from the text in one of your pages.