Sometimes you will have a large document that you need users to be able to access. You should try to incorporate most of your information as text in your site. For example, you would probably not want to provide a link to a three page document unless it is a form. You would just incorporate that information directly into your site as text.
If you choose to upload a document for users to download, keep in mind that it should be in a format that is freely viewable, such as a .pdf. Putting a link to an Adobe Reader download page may be helpful to the user.
1. Navigate to the page in which you want to link the file.
2. Select the Edit tab above the text window.
3. Highlight the text to which you want to link the document.
4. Click the hyperlink icon in the formatting menu.
5. Select URL in the Link Type drop down list.
6. Select the correct protocol (typically http://).
7. Click the blue Browse Server button.
8. Click the Upload option in the File Browser window.
9. Click Choose File.
10. Browse to the desired file on your computer.
11. Click on your file and select Open.
12. Click Upload.
13. Your file will appear in the list of uploaded files. The file will be highlighted in blue, indicating that it is already selected.
14. Click Insert File.
15. Click the Target tab.
16. From the drop down list, choose New Window (_blank).
17. Click OK.
18. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.