The new University calendar system will go live on Sept. 5.
The new calendar is separate from your departmental website, so you will enter events on the new calendar instead of adding events to your website. All of your events will still appear on your website as well as on the University’s main calendar at calendar.louisiana.edu.
Log in to the calendar
The new UL Lafayette web calendar is separate from the website you log in to as a web ambassador.
- Go to https://calendar.louisiana.edu/
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click the “log in” button. Log in with your ULID and your calendar password.
1. Add event and details
When you log in, you will automatically see all of the upcoming events on your calendar.
Click the blue “+Add new” button in the top right of your screen, next to “Your Events.”
Enter the appropriate information in the required and optional fields
Photo (required if you want your event featured on the University's main website)
- Photo should be at least 300x300 pixels. Square works best.
- A caption is required if you add a photo.
- Date and time
- Location (will autofill when you start typing)
- Event type
- Event description
- Contact information
- Event cost
- Related content
- Required fields:
2. Share your event with other calendars.
When you add or edit an event, you can choose to share your event with other calendars.
In the “Sharing and Privacy” section, you can choose calendars to suggest sharing with. Type in an office/department name, or click "Select Groups" to see all listed.
- For example, if you are co-hosting an event with another department or college, suggest the event to show on their calendar. In other words, suggest the event to other groups where you think you share the audience and/or interest.
3. Optional: Set up RSVPs and email alerts
For RSVPs, we are not currently connected to an online payment system. All events that require paid registration or ticketing online need to go through Purchasing.
When adding or editing an event, click the checkbox next to “RSVP.”
You can add:
- Email address of event organizer (it will autofill with your email address)
- Special Instructions
- Text for automated email response
- Notifications for when you receive RSVPs
- Maximum number of attendees
- Maximum number of attendees per RSVP
- Limit submissions to specific email addresses (i.e., just @louisiana.edu emails)
- Start and cutoff dates for RSVPs
Accepting Shared Events
When another department shares an event with you, you will receive an email alert. To review the event and accept or reject it on your calendar, you will need to log in to the calendar.
Log in to your calendar and hover over "My Toolbox" in the top right corner. Click on "Your Events."
- If you have any suggested events from other calendars, they will appear in blue at the top of your events.
Your options are:
- Preview (to view the event before accepting)
- Accept as live (if you don’t want to make changes to the event and want it to appear on your calendar)
Copy (if you want the event on your calendar, but you want to make changes first)
- If you copy the event, it will show in the list of “Your Events,” but it will be marked as Hidden until you change it to Live.
- X (if you don’t want the event to show on your calendar at all)
- Go to “Your Events” from the “My Toolbox” dropdown in the top right corner of the screen.
- Check the box next to the event you want to clone.
- Click the dropdown at the top of the list and choose “Duplicate.” Click “Go” next to the dropdown.
- It will create a copy that is automatically hidden and has “(copy)” at the end of the title. You will need to edit the event, modify the title, and change it from “Hidden” to “Live” before it will appear on your calendar.
More Help with Events
Looking for more details? Our calendar provider, LiveWhale, has more detailed tutorials. See the expanded event tutorials here.