Website redesign update: building the site and cranking out content
We're making progress on the new website build-out! We have a full focus on the site and all of the content it will require.
Here's a quick update on what we've done, where we are now, and what's next.
What we've done so far
- Over the course of a year, we conducted a lot of research and used it to create the design and function for the website.
Once we had the designs, we shared those with our web ambassadors.
- Missed the sessions? Schedule a time with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the designs in hand, we created a timeline for the site rollout and subsite redesigns.
- We’ve been in contact with all academic departments across campus to develop the content needed for each undergraduate program landing page.
Where we are now
We’re drafting content and getting content approved.
- This includes interviewing different people across campus, getting students and alumni spotlights, and drafting all of our content.
- If you haven’t returned your undergrad program questionnaires to us yet, please do so ASAP! The longer it takes to get your information, the less impressive your content will be.
We’re building the site.
- Ryan and Eric in IT are working to create the new environment and design on our servers. Once the site is built, we’ll be ready to enter content. The more content we have complete by then, the faster it will go.
Where we're going
- We’re creating a plan to migrate news and other important content from the current site to the new site.
- We’re starting to develop new training materials for the new site — when your site gets a redesign, you’ll get to learn how to use all of the new features!
- We’ll be testing the new site to make sure it’s working correctly, and we’ll also be testing the content with our target audiences.
- The new main website for the University will launch in May!
Have questions about the process or where your site and content fit in? Email Elizabeth Rose-Arcuri at email@example.com or call x2-1626.