Basic spotlights can be a great way to showcase information that you may not want in the main text of your site, such as news and upcoming events.
Part one: Creating your block
1. In the admin toolbar, hover your cursor over Content.
2. Pull your cursor down, and place it over Add content.
3. Click on Basic spotlight (block).
4. Type your block title in the Title box.
5. Type your text or copy and paste in the Body box.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the window.
Part two: Adding the block to your page
1. In the admin toolbar, hover your cursor over Structure.
2. Pull your cursor down, and click on Blocks.
3. Scroll down until you see the block that you created.
4. Click Configure next to your block.
5. Under Region Settings in the Ragin Cajun Subsite Theme drop down menu, select Sidebar Second.
6. Scroll down to the Visibility settings.
7. Select your preferences under the Show block on specific pages.
* See Visibility Settings for additional information.
8. Click Save block.
Editing a basic spotlight
Just like the rest of the content, blocks will need to be updated regularly.
1. Navigate to a page that contains a spotlight.
2. Click on the sprocket icon in the top right corner of the block.
3. Select Edit.
4. Update your content.
5. Select Save.