If you wish to permanently delete a page from your site instead of just unpublishing it, you should follow this protocol.
1. Follow the steps for unpublishing a page.
2. Go to former location of the page on your site and ensure that the page you want to delete is no longer visible. This confirms that you will be deleting the correct page.
3. In the admin toolbar, click on Content.
4. Scroll down until you find the page. *Hint: It may help to filter for unpublished content.
5. Select Delete to the right of the page title.
6. Select Delete in the window that pops up.